In the interest of service and in line with the TESDA Reform and Development Agenda, the Tendering System is hereby adopted and shall be observed in awarding the scholarship grants under the Training for Work Scholarship Program (TWSP) 2017 for Technical Vocational Institutions (TVIs).
The Tendering System is a process of selecting TVIs for TWSP scholarship.
I. Qualifications/Programs Covered
- The TWSP shall cover only the TVET programs registered with TESDA in accordance with
the appropriate guidelines;
- To meet the objectives of the program, the amount appropriated for the TWSP shall be
utilized to support rapid, inclusive and sustained economic growth through course offerings in priority industries and key employment generators such as agri-fisheryiagri-businessiagro-industrial, tourism, information technology-business process management (IT-BPM), semi-conductor and electronics, automotive, other priority manufacturing industries,
logistics, general infrastructure, and new and emerging sectors;
- New and emerging industries shall be identified by the industry bodies/associations from the results of international and local researches, studies/labor market information/publications, among others and recommended by the regional offices concerned. Likewise, local in-demand qualifications including the regional and provincial priorities that are not identified as key employment generators may be covered provided there are existing employment opportunities as evidenced by job orders or authenticated job vacancies or assurance of employment;
- For new and emerging qualifications with existing employment opportunities but no
promulgated Training Regulations (TRs), the program shall be registered under No Training Regulation (NTR) in accordance with the omnibus guidelines on UTPRAS as per TESDA Circular 07 Series of 2016;
- Higher level qualifications, preferably NC Ill or higher, shall be given priority;
- Trainers Methodology (TM) Level I and TM Level 11 shall be covered under the TWSP for
- Language Programs offered by TESDA Language Skills Institutes (LSIs);
- Competency Assessment and Certification for Workers (CACW) shall be covered under the Program. For CACW there shall be separate guidelines to be issued.
- Nis with STAR-rated programs and/or accredited under the Asia Pacific Accreditation
and Certification Commission (APACC) shall be exempted in the tendering system. Instead they shall be given scholarship grants based on the rating and absorptive capacity;
- TESDA Technology Institutions (TTIs) shall be provided respective TWSP Allocations by the